top of page
The Project Leader is responsible for providing oversight for engineering design projects for FDA-regulated facilities on medium to large-scale capital projects. The Project Leader oversees the conceptual stage of a project through its successful completion.
The Project Leader ensures projects are completed safely, on schedule, within budget, and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities + Tasks:
The Project Leader is responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
• Responsibilities and tasks focus on serving as the engineering leader as well as a technical expert. Answers questions and resolves issues brought forth by discipline leads as well as technical and administrative staff. Provides technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff.
• Responsible for managing key projects from conceptual stage through completion including client interaction, proposal development, assigning technical resources, collaborating with the team throughout the design process, allocating man hours, updating project status, and taking corrective action when necessary.
• Tracks the progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets and schedule. Reports status and variances. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Works with subcontractors, when applicable, to assure adherence to schedule and budget.
• Point person with key project stakeholders of assigned projects. Routinely involved in client interface through all phases of a project. Nurtures former and existing client contacts in expectation of generating new leads.
• College degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• P.E. preferred
• 1 - 4 years of engineering experience; design firm experience preferred
• 0 - 2 years of project management experience
In addition, Project Leaders must be familiar with applicable state building codes and industry standards.
HIPP is interested in all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor work visas.
bottom of page