top of page
Plumbing Designer (Fire Protection)
Raleigh, NC or Greenville, SC
At HIPP Design + Consulting, Mechanical Designers assist Mechanical Engineers with the design of mechanical utility systems for industrial facilities and specialize in the design of systems for pharmaceutical and biotechnology plants from conceptual to detailed design.
Responsibilities + Tasks:
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
• Development of Piping P&IDs and Airflow Diagrams
• Determination of pitch and elevations
• Layout of storm drainage, plumbing water and waste, hydronic piping, and ductwork
• Sizing and selection of equipment and pumps
• Development of equipment general arrangement
• Preparation of piping details, isometrics and elevations
• Participation in CAD interdisciplinary coordination sessions
• Provide high quality design solutions on time, within budget, and per project scope
• Designers may also provide onsite client support as needed
• College degree or equivalent experience
• F.E. certification preferred
• 5-10 years of design firm experience
• 5+ years of CAD and/or Revit experience and at least 5 years of discipline-specific design experience for a total of 10 years of relevant work experience.
• AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, 3-D design exposure; knowledgeable of Building Systems and Equipment Selection software.
• Extensive Plumbing and Fire Protection experience
• Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
HIPP is interested in all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor work visas.
bottom of page