top of page
Electrical Discipline Lead
The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for the successful delivery of detailed electrical design packages on medium to large-scale capital projects. Skills required include the ability to develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, a strong drive to deliver a quality project to clients, and experience in leading an electrical engineering team.
Responsibilities + Tasks:
Responsibilities and tasks focus on the design of power distribution systems as well as grounding, lightning protection and fire alarm systems and include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all aspects of resource management. Develop and manage electrical design scope, budgets and schedules. Direct activities of the Electrical Team.
• Full supervisory responsibility including evaluating job performance, coaching, and training direct reports.
• Acts as the department subject matter expert in terms of appropriate engineered applications to meet client design challenges.
• Guide the design of power distribution systems as well as grounding, lightning protection and fire alarm systems.
• Perform or review electrical calculations.
• Develop or review conceptual design and preliminary design documents including calculations related to sizing and selecting of electrical systems and components, development of One Line Diagrams, electrical classifications plans, and supporting calculations.
• Nurtures former and existing client contacts in expectation of generating new leads.
Contributes to discipline related content for proposals.
• College degree or equivalent experience
• P.E. License required
• 15+ years of overall engineering experience; cGMP design experience preferred
• Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint
The Electrical Discipline Lead must be familiar with applicable state building codes and industry standards. Also required is knowledge in the use of CAD and modeling programs as necessary.
HIPP is interested in all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor work visas.
bottom of page