top of page
Raleigh, NC or Greenville, SC
At HIPP, electrical designers assist electrical engineers with the design of electrical utility systems for industrial facilities and specialize in the design of systems for pharmaceutical and biotechnology plants from conceptual to detailed design.
Responsibilities + Tasks:
Responsibilities include providing high quality design solutions on time, within budget, and per project scope and tasks focus on the design of power distribution systems as well as grounding, lightning protection and fire alarm systems and include but are not limited to:
• Production of one-line diagrams
• Preparation of short circuit, load and lighting calculations
• Preparation of panel schedules
• Sizing of Power Cable
• Production of electrical panel schedules
• Layout of electrical power equipment
• Selection of fixtures
• Provide understanding of Haz Area Plans and NEC code issues
• Participation in interdisciplinary coordination sessions
• Provide high quality design solutions on time, within budget, and per project scope
• Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of CAD and/or Revit experience and at least 5 years of discipline-specific design experience for a preferred total of 10 years of relevant work experience.
• AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, 3-D design proficiency; Building Systems proficiency, Specification software familiarity; Up-to-date on emerging design technologies.
• cGMP Design Experience preferred.
In addition, electrical designers must be familiar with applicable state building codes and industry standards.
Designers must have the ability to maneuver through the physical plant at client locations, i.e., climb ladders and stairs, crouch, navigate limited access areas, wear personal protection equipment, etc. in order to perform field investigations and verify as-built conditions.
HIPP is interested in all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor work visas.
bottom of page