Raleigh, NC or Greenville, SC
Mechanical Designers assist mechanical engineers with the design of mechanical utility systems for industrial facilities and specialize in the design of systems for pharmaceutical and biotechnology plants from conceptual to detailed design.
Responsibilities + Tasks:
Responsibilities and tasks focus on piping, fire protection, HVAC, and plumbing system design and include, but are not limited to:
• Development of Piping P&IDs
• Development of Airflow Diagrams
• Determination of pitch and elevations
• Layout of storm drainage, plumbing water and waste, hydronic piping, and ductwork
• Sizing and selection of equipment and pumps
• Development of equipment general arrangement
• Preparation of HVAC
• Preparation of Fixture Load Calculations
• Preparation of piping details, isometrics and elevations
• Participation in CAD interdisciplinary coordination sessions
• Provide high quality design solutions on time, within budget, and per project scope
• Associate’s Degree
• 2-4 years of CAD experience; 0-4 years of Revit; 0-4 years of discipline specific design experience
• Experience in AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office
In addition, mechanical designers must be familiar with applicable state building codes and industry standards.
HIPP is interested in all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor work visas.