Electrical Engineer II
Raleigh, NC or Greenville, SC
At HIPP, electrical engineers design electrical utility systems for industrial facilities and specialize in the design of systems for pharmaceutical and biotechnology plants from conceptual to detailed design. Having experience with REVIT is required and having your PE is preferred but not required. Would like the candidate to have more than 5 years of experience.
Responsibilities + Tasks:
Responsibilities and tasks focus on the design of power distribution systems as well as grounding, lightning protection and fire alarm systems and include but are not limited to:
• Preparation of electrical engineering calculations
• Equipment selection, sizing and/or specification
• One-line diagrams
• Electrical panel schedules
• Lighting plans
• Telecom / data plans
• Motor elementary diagrams
• Power plans
• Grounding / lightning protection diagrams
• Fire alarm system device layout
Provide technical support (both calculations and narrative) for:
• Energy usage compliance
• Electrical safety
• NEC compliance
• Wire / conduit sizing
• Power distribution and system analysis (using software such as SKM Power Tools + Easy Power)
• Breaker coordination
• Field investigation / verification
• Construction support
• Construction specifications
In addition, electrical engineers must be familiar with applicable state building codes and industry standards.
• College degree or equivalent experience
• P.E. preferred
• 5+ years of design firm experience, cGMP design experience preferred.
• Up to 2 years of CAD and/or Revit exposure preferred
• Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
HIPP is interested in all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor work visas.